It's time to mix things up and get back to a fun tradition: helping pet bloggers to find one another! Those of you who have been reading since last year will remember an entertaining tradition that fell by the wayside: the Friday Five. After my follower count passed 600 or so, it became impossible for me to visit all of you each week, so I discontinued the weekly post for the sake of fairness, and my sanity. But I've missed having the chance to see folks mingle and discover new friends in the blogosphere.
Which is why it's time to go bigger, and better. I can't possibly get to each blog out there in a week, but that shouldn't prevent the rest of you from finding each other. So I'm going to make it very easy. Starting this Saturday, Life With Dogs, Two Little Cavaliers, and Nip and Bones will hold a Saturday blog hop. If you've never participated in a blog hop before, fret not - it's easy. And ridiculous fun. Think of it as a giant blogroll, something I have wanted to create for ages, but simply cannot get to with so many great blogs in my list.
Keep in mind one big advantage over a blogroll: your follower and reader counts will benefit greatly. It's nice to have a link to your blog on another blog, but this goes a step further toward bringing your numbers up, and that can only be a good thing. The rules are easy:
Here's how you can join the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop celebration:
- Link up your blog name and URL using the Linky Tool (pictured for demo purposes only) below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week.
- Grab the Pet Bloggers Blog Hop button and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note - posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
- Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
- Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you'd like
- Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you're from the blog hop.
- Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Bloggers Blog Hop
Of course, you may simply feel free to click links and find new reading. In fact, this is a great way for readers to discover new pet blogs. The list is new each week. The links do not carry over. You will be able to find the new post/links here starting at 12:01 AM Eastern each week in case you want to get a head start. Since this is a new event we want everyone to be able to participate this week so the link will be open until Wednesday. In the future the link will close early Sunday morning, but you can still use the links to hop around the internet to find new blog friends and anipals!
Ok, before I wrap this up, let me offer a badge code in two sizes. Copy and paste and you're on your way!
Small badge code:
Large badge code:
*Note - paste this into your blog hop post or your sidebar if you wish to let readers and bloggers know that you're a hopper!
This is what you will see at the end of a blog hop post - make sure you enter a link to your blog!
Have fun with this free resource, and happy blogging!